How to Remove Carpet Stains
Aladdin’s Carpet Cleaning & Restoration understands that accidents happen on carpets. If you have children, something might get spilled. Pets might have accidents on the floor. Your carpet is important to your home because it is something that the family and visitors see. When there are stains on the carpet in the home, no matter which room, our company can come to the rescue.
We will use professional methods in cleaning the carpets so that they are not damaged. They are left fresh and looking like new when we leave. Our company offers free estimates when you call, and an initial appointment is scheduled as soon as possible. If you are satisfied with the estimate of how much it will cost, Aladdin’s Carpet Cleaning & Restoration can arrange to come back out to remove the stains on your carpets. We use products that are safe for your family, including your pets. The products are gently put on your carpets, and we let them soak into the carpet for a short period of time until we are ready to clean the carpets. We also offer upholstery cleaning, leather cleaning and other services that will keep your home looking like new so that you want to be in your home.
To clean your carpet from virtually any method, do the following.
• Mix a solution of a neutral, pH balanced detergent, two teaspoons mild such as dish soap) and a cup of warm water. Apply this to the stain on the carpet. Make sure to blot the stain and not rub it. Blotting will remove the liquid and stain while rubbing or scrubbing it will push the stain further in.
• Next, apply a cup of white vinegar and 2/3 cup of warm water solution to the area. Allow this to sit a bit and then blot it out again, with a clean, dry terry cloth or white paper towels.
• Keep using these two steps until the stain has been removed. Then, apply a layer of white paper towels or a terry cloth and something heavy on top until the area has dried.
When the first solution does not work, or you do not have the necessary ingredients, try this carpet stain removal technique.
• Blot up as much of the liquid from the spill as necessary. Use clean, white terry cloths or paper towels on the area.
• Mix a solution of just a few drops of dish detergent with one cup of hydrogen peroxide. Apply to the area by blotting it on.
• Use a sponge or clean, dry terry cloths to blot it back off again. Do this until the stain comes out and the area is dry.
Now, when you need a more specific type of cleaning, you can use any of these solutions listed below.
Coffee, Red Juice, Wine, Tea, Or Ink Stains
If you have any of these things on your carpet, you can get them out by following this stain cleaning solution.
• Blot up any and all liquid from the stain. You should do this as soon as possible and make sure to get up as much of the stain as possible. Do not scrub or rub the stain further into the carpet.
• Use club soda on the stain. Apply to the area and allow to sit for just a minute. Then, blot it up again. Keep repeating until the stain is fully removed. Once it is gone, apply clean water to the location and blot up as well. This will be a rinse.
• If this does not work, mix 1/4 teaspoon of dish washing soap with a quart of water. Apply to the stain and then blot up to remove the liquid and stain.
• Still there? Then use hydrogen peroxide. Allow this to set on the stain for several hours. It will chemically react with it and release the stain. Blot it off again.
Oils and Greasy Carpet Stains
For stains that are greasy, apply a dry cleaning solvent to the area in a small amount. Use a terry cloth to apply it. Blot off and then rinse. If there is still a residue there, you can add a bit of baking soda to the location and allow it to absorb the stain. Vacuum it off.
To get rid of chocolate stains from your carpet, do this. Scrape up and remove any excess that you can. Then, use one teaspoon of dish washing liquid and one cup of water. Apply gently to the stain. Be very careful not to rub it in. Blot the stain out with a clean terry cloth. Repeat as necessary. Afterwards, rinse with clean water and blot again.
Have a fallen candle or a few drips on your carpet? If so, scrape off all that you can with a dull knife. Then, place clean white paper towels over the stain and apply a warm iron to it. This will help the stain to move from the carpet to the paper. Keep moving it around until it is totally absorbed. If any greasy spots are left, you will want to apply baking soda to the area and then vacuum up. If you have any problems or questions please fell free to give us a call. We will gladly answer any questions you may have.